Xbox Design Labs’ customization options are now even more expansive.
If you’ve toyed around with the idea of creating a new controller in the Xbox Design Lab but were waiting for some old features to return, now is your time. That’s because Xbox has brought back rubberized grips and metallic finishes. Three new colors are available as well.
“[We’re] excited to announce that rubberized grips and metallic finishes are returning to Xbox Design Lab with new color customization options, giving you even more combinations to choose from,” Xbox’s blog post about the announcement reads.
Here’s everything added to the lab today:
- Black rubberized grips are available on both the back case and side grips for added comfort and control.
- Nineteen new metallic finish colors for d-pads and triggers including: Sterling Silver, Pewter Silver, Gunmetal Silver, Abyss Black, Retro Pink, Deep Pink, Oxide Red, Zest Orange, Gold, Electric Volt, Velocity Green, Glacier Blue, Dragonfly Blue, Mineral Blue, Photon Blue, Midnight Blue, Regal Purple, Nocturnal Green, and Warm Gold.
- Three new color options for controller parts:
- Introducing Dragonfly Blue
- Military Green has been updated to Nocturnal Green providing a richer earth color
- Electric Green has been updated to Velocity Green bringing this in line with the iconic Xbox color
- New “inspired by” controller designs from Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Battlefield 2042, Forza Horizon 5, and Riders Republic
Controllers in the Xbox Design Lab start at $69.99 but additional customization options such as rubberized grips cost additional money. Xbox says each controller is made to order and delivered within three to four weeks of placing an order.
While waiting for your controller to arrive, check out the recently-revealed Halo Infinite-themed Xbox Elite controller and then read about the Halo 20th anniversary Xbox Series X console coming out soon. Check out the limited edition Forza Horizon 5 Xbox controller after that.
Will you be designing an Xbox controller in the Xbox Design Lab using these new customization options? Let us know in the comments below!